The petrochemical industry uses intensive laboratory research to create innovative processes for new product development and sample assay. Fume hood containment and regulatory compliance are critical since these labs work with dangerous and toxic chemicals. Supply-exhaust air flows, room containment, and alarm monitoring response are critical to operational and personal safety.
It’s All About Control in Critical Spaces
Phoenix Controls solutions are used in cutting-edge R&D labs worldwide - ensuring safety and regulatory compliance; minimizing energy consumption; assuring workplace and research integrity.
Fume Hood Controls and Monitoring
The Phoenix Controls fume hood control concept utilizes sash sensors, monitoring, and Venturi air valves to provide accurate face velocity control and speed of response to sash movement.
- Vertical, horizontal, and combination sash sensors enable the Phoenix Controls fume hood system to maintain a constant average face velocity at the sash opening by providing an accurate indication of the sash position from fully-open to fully closed.
- Fume hood monitors receive inputs from the sash sensors and output a configurable control signal to a Phoenix Controls hood exhaust valve, maintaining a designated fume hood face velocity.
- Zone Presence Sensors® (also known as the ZPS® sensor) detect operator presence. When the user is not in the zone, the system automatically reduces the face velocity by up to 40 percent.
Phoenix Controls configurable, pressure-independent Accel® II Venturi valves are available with Celeris® digital or analog controllers in configurations and sizes to meet individual application requirements. The Traccel® family of valves is specifically designed for the ventilation demands of ventilation zone control in lab rooms, adjacent spaces, buildings, and modular mixed-use facilities.
Phoenix Controls Celeris Networks
Environmental Control System is the second generation digital control platform offered by Phoenix Controls. Celeris combines the accuracy and stability of the Accel®
II venturi valve with an intelligent valve controller to create a flexible, feature-rich networked control platform ideal for high-performance laboratory environments.
Phoenix integration-friendly devices also:
- Reduce start up and commissioning time
- Support the validation and accreditation efforts, and LEED certification
- Improve the performance of existing ventilation systems
- Eliminate routine maintenance