The Theris® brand of products are designed specifically for hospitals and critical care facilities and can help facility owners reduce maintenance costs, reduce the spread of airborne pathogens and conserve more energy.
Advantages and Benefits
- Less testing, adjusting and balancing (TAB) means faster commissioning–Phoenix Controls venturi valves meter flow and don’t measure flow. Devices that measure flow, like a terminal box, must typically be field characterized for the installation condition. Imagine commissioning a new or reconfigured HVAC system by just turning the fans on. TAB is virtually eliminated with venturi valves.
- Integrates easily with LonTalk® or BACnet® networks–Theris® is offered in a LonMark®-certified or BTL BACnet®-certified controller and seamlessly plugs into the open LON or native BACnet network.
- Pressure-independent operation–Design up to 30% shorter duct runs throughout the HVAC system. Theris valves operate accurately even with short or angled duct sections. Precise airflow delivery rate is never compromised when there are changes in static pressure. Use the Theris -TX Shut-off Valve option to eliminate the need for extra dampers and controls to isolate the mechanical ductwork.
- Shut-off capability–In healthcare, needs for gaseous decontamination or HVAC isolation are not always considered during the planning stage. Planning a valve up front that can control airflow precisely with low-leakage shut-off can save thousands of dollars.
Reduced Maintenances Costs
- High turndown ratios saves energy–The design of the venturi valve body and cone assembly means higher turndown ratios than a traditional VAV terminal box–up to 20:1 versus 3:1. With better accuracy, you are saving energy with lower air volume and it will not compromise room pressurization. This is especially important in operating rooms that use high airflow and more outdoor air.
- No flow sensors means no maintenance – All venturi valves are characterized for their full flow range at the factory, with a 48-point flow table loaded onto the controller. This means there are no flow sensors to clean, ever.
- Fewer controllers per room – The Theris controller provide a full electronic platform to control temperature and monitor humidity and pressure, eliminating the need for additional controllers in the space.
- Tiered control platforms (TP, TX, SO/EO, and CV) – There are many different applications within a healthcare facility. Having a choice of four control schemes (TP, TX, SO/EO, and CV) allows you to distribute necessary costs and value only where it is required.
In simple ducted-exhaust applications, improve patient comfort and healing with Theris-SO supply valves. To increase room flexibility, upgrade to Theris-TX so that patient rooms can be switched to negative-pressure beds in the event of a pandemic incident. Isolation Rooms
Ensure precise control of isolation room pressurization using Theris-TP or Theris-TX. Phoenix Controls pressure monitors integrate easily with Theris, providing local display, alarming and network integration. Operating Rooms
Theris-TX includes full airflow control and the high air change rates required in operating suites. One Theris controller can manage temperature control, humidity control, pressure monitoring, network integration and up to 5000 cubic feet per minute of airflow. Hospital Pharmacies
In-hospital pharmacies frequently are required to prepare Compounded Sterile Preparations (CSPs) in cleanroom-like environments. Theris-TX helps organizations comply with the requirements of U.S. Pharmacopeia Chapter <797> by providing all the ventilation and airflow control requirements needed for ISO Class 7 and ISO Class 5 environmental conditions. View our full healthcare customer list.
View how we can help your facility achieve LEED status and adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Green Guide for Healthcare (GGHC)
Theris Healthcare Solutions
is Phoenix Controls’ family of variable air volume (VAV) and constant volume (CV) airflow control systems designed for the following healthcare spaces: